SEnDIng Special Session at PCI2020
Education and training on Data Science and IoT
Data Science and Internet of Things (IoT) have been recognized as the technologies among the key drivers of change regarding the skills and competences required by the IT labor market. The foreseen skills’ gap together with the rapid and continuous evolution of Data Science and IoT technologies and their application in many economy’s sectors make the skills required by related occupational profiles increasingly sophisticated, and the need to be constantly updated imperative. This skills’ gap together with the rapid evolution of Data Science and IoT technologies have created an important educational and training challenge, namely the need to train a large number of professionals in order to be able to effectively respond to industry’s demands. The special session “Education and training on Data Science and IoT” within the PCI 2020 Conference focuses on all the educational and training activities related to Data Science and IoT, including academic and VET programs, online training, blended learning, work-based learning, national and international educational policies and instruments, and international projects.
We welcome submissions from all topics of education and training applied to Data Science and IoT, including (but not limited to) the following:
- VET programs on Data Science or IoT
- Academic curricula on Data Science or IoT
- Post-graduate programs or courses on Data Science or IoT
- Best practices on Data Science or IoT education and training
- Work-based learning on Data Science or IoT
- Data Science or IoT educational and training policies at national and international level
- National and international projects related to Data Science or IoT education and training
- Training needs of the labor market related to Data Science or IoT
Submission & Registration
Authors are invited to submit original manuscripts, in English, limited in length to six (6) pages.
The submitted papers will be peer-reviewed on the basis of technical quality, relevance to scope of PCI, originality, significance, and clarity. Note that submitted papers should have neither been published nor submitted for publication elsewhere.
Submission platform: EasyChair submission platform. Choose special session: Education and training on Data Science and IoT
Programm Committee Chair
- Voyiatzis Ioannis, Prof., University of West Attica
- Sgouropoulou Cleo, Prof., University of West Attica
- Paraskevas Michael, Associate Prof., University of Peloponnese & Computer Technology Institute & Press "Diofantus"
- Sirmakessis Spiros, Prof., University of Peloponnese
- Kitsos Paris, Associate Prof., University of Peloponnese
- Sklavos Nikolas, Associate Prof., University of Patras
- Vassiliou Vasos, Associate Prof., University of Cyprus and RISE Research Center
- Chatjichristofis Savvas, Associate Prof., Neapolis University Pafos
- Zinonos Zinon, Lecturer, Neapolis University Pafos
- Zarouchas Thomas, PhD, Computer Technology Institute and Press “Diophantus”,
- Perikos Isidoros, PhD, University of Patras
- Bruce Alan, PhD, Universal Learning Systems
- Kyurdyan Violeta, Training Manager, European Software Institute – Center Eastern Europe
- Gueorguiev Ivaylo, Program Manager, European Software Institute – Center Eastern Europe
- Varbanov Pavel, Project Coordinator, European Software Institute – Center Eastern Europe