Press Release - End of SEnDIng project
SEnDIng is a 3-year Sector Skills Alliance Erasmus+ project run during the period November 2017 – January 2021 under the coordination of University of Patras. The project consortium consists of 12 partners coming from 4 European countries (Greece, Cyprus, Bulgaria and Ireland): two Higher Education Institutions, two Vocational Education and Training providers, five IT SMEs, two Associations of IT companies and professionals and one Certification Body.
The SEnDIng project addresses the skills gap at the Data Science and IoT domains, by providing IT professionals with technical knowledge and skills together with transversal skills and competences that are relevant to the needs of the labor market, are transferable and are recognized among European countries.
The main project objectives achieved are the following:
- Design 2 VET programs for Data Science and IoT that are based on multi-disciplinary and learning-outcomes oriented curricula and combine technical knowledge and skills with transversal skills and competences.
- Design 2 reference models of knowledge, skills and competences for Data Scientists and IoT professionals in accordance with well-known European frameworks, such as the e-Competence Framework (and the European Skills, Competences, Qualifications and Occupations.
- Develop 12 Data Science and IoT online courses and 1 online course for transversal skills development that are available at http://mooc.sending-project.eu/.
- Develop more than 250 Open Educational Resources that are available for downloading here: Data Science, IoT, Transversal skills.
- Pilot the VET programs in three phases (online Data Science/IoT training, online transversal skills training and work-based learning) and certify the learning outcomes obtained.
- Disseminate the project results to target groups and engage them with the project to maximize its potential impact.
- Take actions towards the sustainability of project outputs and their exploitation by relevant stakeholders.
For more information about the project, its activities and outputs please visit the project website.
You can also access the project final report, as well as all public deliverables.